Labels

Saturday 11 October 2014

Gangster Film Conventions


The Godfather Opening
Goodfellas Opening
Reservoir Dogs Opening
Pulp Fiction Opening
The Departed Opening

What I have learnt...

From this I have been inspired to make sure I include key elements in my final piece, and that costume and mise en scene is never to be ignored or less thought of in my film especially an opening sequence. Certain conventions I definitely want to include and others I'd rather miss out on. Inspiration from Tarantino's films have told me the opening scene can be very abstract from the main story but I do want to make it clear to my audience they are watching a gangster film to begin with and the opening sequence will show, maybe, some sort of motive, relationship or desire of a character/ characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment