Labels

Wednesday 26 November 2014

Edit Plan

Some of the editing will be done in class, or in the school using their facilities, however we have to abide to a plan and sometimes we may want to use it when we can't. Luckily I have a strong spec'ed computer at home, equipped with Adobe Premiere Pro(The same software the schools computers use.) For this reason I will also take the responsibility to do a lot of the editing at home. I will try to communicate with my partner as much as possible, as to make sure the edits are going in the direction he wants and also make sure my editing is up to scratch.

I have some editing knowledge from experience making short videos for the website YouTube. Although I trust my editing is of a decent standard, however, I will be looking up more information to increase the quality of my editing and create a more professional looking final piece. To do this I will teach myself through guides and tutorials on the internet as well as maybe reading a few books.
It would be nice to plan exactly what edits I want to do but my editing techniques involve having a vague idea of what I want, then playing around to see what works best.

To list all the editing effects I will/may use will take forever so I shall list a few definite effects.

Text-overlays, as mentioned in the titles plan will be added above video clips and to include names and titles.

Color correction, to give a more eerie vibe I will take out some of the brighter colors like red, orange and yellow to bring out the blues and greens creating a murkier looking scene.

Example Before:


Example After:


One of the most notable sources for editing knowledge is the YouTube channel 'Indy Mogul', though now discontinued the channel database continues to have hours of high quality content for the less professional video editor.

No comments:

Post a Comment